Thursday, March 22, 2012

A New Year for Eating Healthy

Happy New Year everyone!! It's that time when many people make New Years resolutions. Often these resolutions have to do with losing weight or eating healthy. These are certainly wonderful goals. I'd like to help take your resolutions about food and eating and turn them into healthy habits that last.I think I've heard every excuse in the book for not eating healthy, but here are the top 3:I can't afford itI don't have timeHealthy food isn't available at my storeThere are more. Our brains come up with all sorts of reasons to keep going with unhealthy eating habits that don't benefit our bodies.While I understand where all these excuses come from, I'm committed this year to provide my readers with excuse-free recipes. The plain truth of the matter is this: you are either committed to eating healthy and feeding healthy meals to your family or you aren't. Let's be honest here. Will you have to spend some time in the kitchen and the grocery store? YES. Will you have to educate yourself a bit on ingredients and tak e some time at the store to read labels? YES. Will it cost you big bucks at the store to eat healthy? IT DEPENDS. If you're looking to replace all the unhealthy foods you love with healthier options, it will cost more money - much more. The benefit of this way of eating will eliminate some artificial ingredients (good), but is a limited way to improve your eating habits.However, if you can change some of the foods you eat, little by little, and start getting a taste for healthier foods altogether, the impact on your wallet at the store will be minimal. Related to Well-Body Wednesdays, it is my mission this year to provide you with versatile recipes that feed a family, are healthy, and are reasonably-priced in order to bust some of these excuses. In addition to the nutritional value of each serving, I'll provide the cost per serving. Keep in mind, the price will be based off of my local grocery store (Midwest area) and I won't include the cost of seasonings that I would expect most of you have in your pantry. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment