Saturday, February 23, 2013

It's not eggplant, it's hummus...I swear!

Have you gotten the crud (yup, that's a technical term for sinus cold) that is going around right now? If not, you are LUCKY! If so, then you know exactly how I feel right now. Stay tuned to my Tumblr page (IronShawna.Tumblr.com) for photos of my homemade chicken noodle soup, made with a quadruple threat of ginger, garlic, onion and a touch of spicy green pepper. In the meantime, I have a very important question for you what do some parents do when their kid doesn't like a particular food? If deemed important enough, the parent might get creative and "hide" that food as something unrecognizable so that the kid doesn't know that they're eating it. So, what do adults do when they don't like a particular food? Avoid it, obviously. It's a little tougher to fool adults, especially when they are preparing their own food. I generally do not like the texture of eggplant and avoid it at most costs. However, I recently received an eggplant that I did not wish to waste. So, I pulled out my "parent hat" and got creative about preparing it so that I didn't know what I was eating! Clever, no? ** Spicy Eggplant Dip Recipe: 2 medium eggplants, halved lengthwise (I used 1 large eggplant) 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used sesame, but you can use any kind of oil you want) foil (I used parchment paper) 1 tablespoon minced garlic 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped (I used yellow) Heat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with foil or ...

Discover the secrets to a healthy life style and weight loss - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment