Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Atkins Diet: Low Carb Pasta Carbonara (IF)

Get diet solution program at liabi.org ********************************************************************************************************************************************************In partnership with FaveDiets, I was inspired my daughters' birthday dinner at Olive Garden. One of them had pasta carbonara, which featured a rich bacon cream sauce, and I knew I had to try it out. I tested a couple different "pastas" in my day from Dreamfields (whose carb counts I no longer believe), shirataki or miracle noodles (whose texture and smell leave something to be desired), Italian faux rice (grated Cauliflower with garlic, olive oil, and Italian spices), and spaghetti squash. In this recipe, I used the spaghetti squash method, but the faux rice worked well too.For even more diet friendly Italian meals, check out Favediets bread section ( http ).**Join the Facebook page - www.facebook.com Low Carb Blog - www.atkinsdietgeek.com**Order my low carb cookbook-http Sauce Ingredients:8 slices bacon1/2 small onion2 cloves garlic1/4 cup White Wine (optional)4 eggs, beaten1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated1/4 cup heavy cream1/4 cup water, as neededMakes 6 servings.Nutrition Info Per Serving:170 Calories, 12.1g Fat, 3g Total Carbs (.3g Fiber), 10.2g ProteinSpaghetti Squash Nutrition Info: (1 cup)75 Calories, 4.1g Fat, 10g Total Carbs (4g Fiber), 0g ProteinFor more free healthy recipes, cooking tips and tutorials go to www.FaveDiets.com

Discover the secrets to a healthy life style and weight loss - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment